Summer is almost here and the outdoor pool policies for the season have been announced -- pool hours and memberships, swimming lessons, and more.
Outdoor Pool Hours
- Sat. May 29-Mon. Sept. 6 (pool opening is dependent upon weather)
- Monday-Friday -- noon-7:00 pm
- Saturday -- noon-6:00 pm
- Sunday -- 1:00-7:00 pm
Outdoor Pool Summer Swim Lessons
Sign up at the pool or the fitness center for lessons; available dates, times, and fees are as follows:
Swimming lessons for children ages 4 and over (stroke refinement available for all ages including adult
Fees: $35 per child ($30 per child for multiple children)
- Session 1: June 27-July 8 (Monday, June 27; Wednesday, June 29; Friday, July 1; Tuesday, July 5, Wednesday, July 6; Friday, July 8)
- Session 2: July 11-22 (Monday, July 11, Wednesday, July 13; Friday, July 15; Monday, July 18, Wednesday, July 20; Friday, July 22)
- Session 3: July 25-August 5 (Monday, July 25, Wednesday, July 27; Friday, July 29; Monday, August 1; Wednesday, August 3; Friday, August 5)
Parent/infant swimming lessons ages 3 and below
Fees: $15 per child
- Session 1: Saturdays, June 18 and 25, 11:00-11:45am
- Session 2: Saturday, August 6 and 13, 12:00-12:45pm
New weekend classes for all levels
Fees: $20 per child ($15 per child for multiple children)
- Session 1: Saturday and Sunday June 11 and 12, 10AM-11AM
- Session 2: Saturday and Sunday June 18 and 19, 10 AM-11AM
- Session 3: Saturday June 11 and 18, 11AM-NOON
- Session 4 Sunday June 12 and 19, 11AM-NOON
The pool is heated and lessons will take place in weather of 60 degrees and higher. In case of inclement weather lessons will be held the following day for weekday classes, and the following weekend for weekend classes. Payments are accepted in either cash or checks.
Outdoor Pool Memberships
The Ithaca College outdoor pool is open only to Ithaca College students, alumni, faculty, staff, and their immediate family and to the Friends of Ithaca College. The outdoor pool is not open to the public. Valid Ithaca College ID cards or outdoor pool membership card must be presented in order to gain access to the pool.
All enrolled Ithaca College students have automatic membership at the outdoor pool. Ithaca College seniors who have just recently graduated have membership until August 12, 2005. All students must present a valid Ithaca College student ID card. Family of students may pay a guest fee to enter the pool.
- Ithaca College Faculty and Staff
All faculty and staff of Ithaca College, along with their spouses, domestic partners, and dependents, have automatic membership to the outdoor pool. All eligible family members must be listed with the human resource office.
Faculty and staff members-must present a valid Ithaca College faculty/staff ID card.
Family members 16 years of age and older -- must go to the ID Office, located in the east balcony of the Terrace Dining Hall for a Fitness Center/outdoor pool picture ID card.
Family members under 16 years of age -- parent must fill out an outdoor pool membership form for the dependents. No ID's will be issued to dependents under 16 years of age and a parent or guardian must accompany them at all times.
Alumni of Ithaca College may purchase a family membership for the outdoor pool for $135 or an individual membership for $85. The family membership includes spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. All members over 16 will be given an outdoor pool membership card.
- Friends of Ithaca College
Friends of Ithaca College are those individuals who have donated $150 to the College the first year and $200 after the first donation. Donations may be made at the Alumni Office. For more information on becoming a Friend call 274-3396. Friends may purchase a family membership for the outdoor pool for $135 or an individual membership for $85. The family membership includes spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. All members over 16 will be given an outdoor pool membership card.
Where do i sign up?
Membership applications can be downloaded and printed from the Outdoor Pool Membership Page. Applications are also available at the Outdoor Pool.