Students no longer need to buy laser printing accounts from the Bookstore to print to the laser printers in the ITS Labs.
Information Technology Services is pleased to announce that, for the 2005-06 academic year, students will be able to print for free to the laser printers in the public computing labs: Friends 110, Williams 210, Center for Health Sciences Main Computer Lab and the Collins Lab (Smiddy 113). In the past, students have had to purchase laser accounts from the Bookstore to print to these printers.
ITS is testing the feasibility of offering this service on an ongoing basis. To help us reduce paper usage and control printing costs, please remember:
* only print one copy of your file
* the printers are not to be used as copiers.
* duplex printing (the ability to print on both sides of a piece of paper) is available.
* when printing Powerpoint slides, please print the handout (not single slide) view, with either 4 or 6 slides per page.
* color printing is currently not available in the labs.
* the ability to print on special paper is not supported in the labs.
Please remember, this is a pilot year for this program. If costs can not be managed, ITS may revert back to a printing fee. Thank you in advance for your support of this effort. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk with the lab consultants or email the Helpdesk at [mailto:email@example.com]