This spring, Rhythm ní Shoes (IC Tap Club) is hosting the First Annual Finger Lakes Tap Festival in conjunction with the Tap LegacyTM Foundation, Inc. (founded by tap dancers Gregory Hines and Andrew J. Nemr). From Friday, March 31 to Sunday, April 2, tap dancers will be coming to Ithaca from all over the country, and five world-renowned guest artists will be teaching classes and performing. (For more information about the festival, you can check out our website at www.fingerlakestapfestival.com.)
In order to make this festival possible, we need many volunteers to assist us in various areas.
Below is a list of all of the volunteer jobs that we need to fill. If you are interested in helping us out in any of the following capacities, please contact Ashley Bookheimer by Friday, January 27 (email@example.com).
Volunteers for Friday, March 31 (6:00 - 11:00 p.m.):
- 1 person to set up the jazz band
- 1 person to be the on-site coordinator (overseeing everything in the Hill Center)
- 2 people for registration and check-in
Volunteers for Saturday, April 1 (2 shifts: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.):
- 2 people to sell merchandise
- 2 people for check-in and registration
- 1 person to be in charge of the businesses that will have booths set up
- 1 person to be the on-site coordinator for the tap classes in the Hill Center
Volunteers for the tap show on Saturday night:
- 2 people to oversee artist transportation to the State Theatre (Saturday afternoon)
- 1 person to help oversee the show
- 1 person to sell merchandise at the show
Volunteers for Sunday, April 2 (2 shifts: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.):
- 1 person for check-in and merchandise
- 1 person to be the on-site coordinator at the Fitness Center
- 2 people to set up panel discussion in Park Auditorium (A/V skills would help)
- 1 person to be the on-site coordinator at Park
- 2 people to help us videotape the festival (camera-approved TV-R majors would be great)
- 1 person to take still pictures of the festival
- 2 people to be in charge of running archived tap dance footage in Park auditorium all weekend (A/V skills would help)
- Several people to help us build a tap dance floor in the State Theatre from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Saturday
If you are interested in any of the above volunteer positions, please e-mail Ashley Bookheimer with the following information by Friday, January 27 (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Position(s) You Are Interested In
Day/Time Available (if known)
Besides an organizational meeting the week of the festival, your only time commitment is to the shift you sign up for.
Thank you for your help!
Finger Lakes Tap Festival