Housing information for Senior Week
Contributed by Kate Berry
Outlined below is the process for registering students to remain in the residence halls for senior week. Please review these guidelines as you begin to plan your staffing for Commencement 2007.
All campus residents except graduating seniors are required to vacate their rooms on May 12, 2007 by 3:00 p.m. Please request housing only for those students who must work for you during commencement week on commencement-related activities. Students who need to stay to finish course work or to begin summer assignments must seek off-campus accommodations after May 12.
To schedule a student to stay for senior week, please e-mail [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] with the students first and last name, ID number, current building and room number, reason for staying late, departure date, if they need a meal plan and from the account to charge. The deadline for requests is 5:00 p.m., Monday, April 16, 2007. Late requests may not be considered. If you have several students needing to stay, it would be very helpful if you turned in the information on an excel spreadsheet as an attachment to your e-mail.
- Only current campus residents can be housed on campus during commencement week.
- Students remaining on campus for Commencement week will not be required to be on a meal plan. Please be sure to share with your students that meal plans will only be automatically extended for students asked to stay by the Commencement Committee. (See the meal policy at www.ithaca.edu/reslife/upcoming_events.htm for further information.) If, however, your department is covering the students' meal plans, you will need to provide an account number with the students' names.
- Please inform your students that if they live in Emerson Hall, they may be required to move to a different room in the building. Emerson Hall is used to house Ithaca College trustees and other special guests during Commencement week.
- Residents approved to remain during commencement week are expected to fulfill their work or volunteer commitments to your department. If a student misses a shift for an unacceptable reason, please notify me and the resident will be billed $25 per day for his or her housing at the Commencement week rate and required to immediately vacate the housing assignment. Please stress this fact with your employees and volunteers.
- Residents will be expected to check out no later than 24 hours after their last shift. All residence halls and apartments close at noon on Monday, May 21, and all residents remaining during Commencement week must vacate their rooms by that time.
- Lastly, there will be a limited amount of on-campus housing available to continuing Ithaca College students who will work full time for Ithaca College during the summer and have made arrangements through the Office of Conference and Event Services. This housing will be offered beginning May 20 at 4:00 p.m. More information about summer housing for student workers is available in the conference and event services office, and space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact the residential life office in the East Tower at 274-3141.