Clif Mojo and Focus the Nation want you to propel your creative Global Warming solutions into action. Three winners will receive up to $10,000 to slingshot their ideas into reality.
We’re all a little different. That’s why we’re reaching out to each of you to see how you can best utilize your skills, talents and passion to make a difference. There will be one winner in each of three categories:
* Outdoor fanatics protecting the places we love to play: Projects should be inspired by the need to protect our outdoor spaces such as mountains, rivers and oceans.
* Innovators challenging our expectations: Projects should challenge the status quo with new and creative thinking, and include an element to bring new thinking into action.
* Artists inspiring our communities: Projects should use the arts to increase awareness of or change thinking about global warming solutions.
All proposals must:
• Be submitted by applicants between the ages of 18 and 25;
• Help communities move from fear to opportunity when thinking about Global Warming;
• Lead to new ways of thinking and acting; and
• Integrate information and/or inspiration gained from the Focus the Nation Choose Your Future solutions:
* Invest in the Clean Energy Revolution
* Create Green Jobs, Save Energy
* No New Coal Plants without "Capture and Sequestration"
* Cap CO2 Emissions, Share the Auction Revenues
* Build Green: Carbon Neutral by 2030
* Jumpstart Low Polluting Biofuel
* Support Stronger Forests
* Tax Global Warming Pollution
* Cleaner Cars, California-Style
* Get Efficient — Cut Energy, Save Money
To apply, submit an essay (up to 500 words) describing your proposed project before midnight on March 15, 2008.
For more information and contest guidelines, visit: http://www.focusthenation.org/mojoslingshot.php