Students and Faculty Inducted into Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society
Contributed by Bernard Beins
Ten students and four faculty members were inducted into Sigma Xi, the scientific research society, on April 29. The students and faculty were elected to membership because of their research achievements or potential.
Students, their majors, and faculty sponsors:
- Jason Diaz, biochemistry (Professor Marina Caillaud)
- Allison E. Girasole, biology (Professor Jean Hardwick)
- Lauren A. Houdek, biology (Professor Jean Hardwick)
- Colin B. Howard, physics (Professor Michael Rogers)
- Megan Winsor Kennedy, psychology (Professor Cyndy Scheibe)
- Melendy K. Krantz, anthropology and political science (Professor Brooke Hansen)
- Matthew Mastroeni, mathematics (Professor Osman Yurekli)
- Michael A. Magenheimer, psychology (Professor Bill Hudenko)
- Charles Perry Strehlow, physics (Professor Matt Sullivan)
- Eric Van Fleet, biochemistry (Professor Marina Caillaud)
- Professor Matthew Sullivan, physics
- Professor Jeffrey Holmes, psychology
- Professor Bill Hudenko, psychology
- Professor Laurel Lean Kanda, biology
Founded in 1886, Sigma Xi is the international honor society of research scientists and engineers; the Paulen A. Smith Chapter at Ithaca College was founded in 1966.
This year's students have already done an amazing variety and quality of scientific research and we look forward to hearing of their future accomplishments.