Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Contributed by Jessica L. Barnes on 03/30/2010
"Spring is nature's way of saying, Let's Party!" - Robin Williams
Spring is here and what better way to celebrate than throwing a spring garden party! Consider trying the following tips to make your next outdoor soiree something special:
1. Add dry flowers petals to the invitation envelope or decorate with floral stamps and stickers.
2. Choose colorful or floral print patterns for the plates and napkins; mix in solid color cutlery, cups and table cover. Accent the table with fresh herbs or potted plants.
3. For place cards, take a small flower pot and plant seedlings. Label the pot with the name of the seedling and the guest's name. Tie a ribbon around it.
4. Don’t forget about the lighting. String up white lights or place candles in mason jars on and around the table. If the outlets are too far away or you’d rather not have an open flame, you can now purchase battery operated paper lanterns. String up on a nearby branch and VOILA!
5. Be sure to have some extra blankets or throws for your guests when it gets a little chilly out. Fire up the chimenea and enjoy!
Do you have ideas to share? Find us on Facebook and tell us your tips!