Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
The Ithacan Online has been named one of seven finalists for the Columbia Scholastic Press Association's 2011 Online Crown Award.
Founded in 1925, the CSPA is owned by Columbia University and operated as a program affiliated with its Graduate School of Journalism. The Crown Awards, first presented in 1982, are the organization's highest honor. The Online Crown recognizes overall excellence in newspaper websites. The Ithacan Online was awarded the CSPA Gold Crown in 2009 and 2010.
Winners will be announced at the Spring National College Media Convention in New York City, March 13–15.
The other finalists in the national competition are the websites from:
· The Indiana Daily Student (Indiana University)
· The Iowa State Daily (Iowa State University)
· The OU Daily (University of Oklahoma)
· The Miami Hurricane (University of Miami)
· The Daily Pennsylvanian (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia)
· The Shorthorn (University of Texas at Arlington)