The following guidelines are used by the Office of Residential Life to process Early Arrival requests for the Spring 2012 semester. Please review these as you begin to make plans to return or for your students to return to campus for the Spring semester.
- Students are subject to a $100.00 unauthorized presence fee if found in a closed residence hall.
- New students and students who were away from campus during the Fall 2011 semester are expected to check in to their Spring housing assignment on Friday, January 20, 2012 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Students who are moving from their Fall 2011 housing assignment to a new housing assignment are expected to accomplish their move on Thursday, January 19, 2012 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Note: If they are approved to arrive prior to Thursday, January 19, 2012, they must return to their Fall room assignment.
- Students who are required to arrive on campus prior to Saturday, January 21, 2012, because of student employment, academic requirement, or for athletic or sponsored organization participation must be requested to arrive early by the IC department establishing the requirement. Please include only those students whose early arrival is essential prior to Spring opening.
- Students who submit a request to arrive early for other reasons will be considered based upon their need.
- To request to arrive early, submit an Early Request form at http://www.ithaca.edu/reslife/guide/opening_closings_breaks/early_arrival/ by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, January 16, 2012. Late requests are unable to be considered.
- The earliest date and time an early arrival request will be accommodated is 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 18, 2012.
We encourage you to provide meal arrangements for any student you request to return early, as students without special meal arrangements will be unable to use their meal plan until brunch on Saturday, January 21, 2012. If your department wishes to make meal plan arrangements, please contact the Office of Campus Center and Event Services. Otherwise, please notify your students that they can purchase an individual meal plan through the Office of Campus Center and Event Services.
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact the Residential Life Office in the East Tower at (607) 274-3141 or email@example.com.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the Office of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-3141. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.