Faculty can assist SDS staff by observing the following procedures:
1. You will receive an email request for each exam scheduled by a student taking a final with Student Disability Services.
2. Please deliver exams to 110 Towers Concourse a minimum of 24 hours before the test is to be administered. If this is not possible, it's important to call the office (274-1257) and indicate when the exam will be delivered. Due to the number of tests taking place during finals week, most exams are administered in locations outside our office, and we need to have them delivered to the test site well before the exam seating. In the event that you need to deliver the test close to the time of the exam seating, you may be asked to deliver it directly to the exam site.
3. In the event that you cancel or change your exam to a take home final but still receive a test request, please notify the office at 274-1257 or via email (email@example.com). We're not always made aware of cancellations and will continue to contact you to request a copy of the exam unless we hear from you.
3. Do not send tests via campus mail as the exam may not arrive in time; also, this is not a secure method of delivery.
4. When it is necessary to fax (274-3957) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) an exam, please call the office at 274-1257 to ensure that a member of the office staff has received it. When emailing an exam, please send the exam as an attachment to preserve proper formatting.
5. Please remember to include special instructions (e.g. open book/open notes), blue books, and Scantron sheets with the exams.
6. Whenever possible, please put images, pictures, etc. on a CD or flash drive, ensuring both test security by avoiding use of the internet and an accurate visual image (e.g. color images for art history exams).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our office.
Thank you for your assistance.
Student Disability Services