As previously announced, faculty, staff and student email will be moving to Microsoft Live@edu in June.
***Users will not have access to Ithaca College email from approximately 5:00 PM on Friday, June 8th - 8:00 AM on Monday, June 11th. The actual downtime may be shorter but users should plan for the entire period of unavailablity. Once the email system is back online on or before June 11th, all users will be accessing their accounts on the new system, and the old system will no longer be accessible.
Other Important Information:
- 16-character password limit - Anyone with a Netpass password that is more than 16 characters will need to change it prior to the cutover via Netpass Manager at https://www.ithaca.edu/passwords/.
- Email addresses - Email addresses will NOT change. The email address will still be <username>@ithaca.edu.
- Message size limit - Live@edu has a 25 MB message size limit. Users with existing messages over that size will need to delete the messages or save them elsewhere, as they cannot be moved to Live@edu. (See the Preparing for Email Migration link, below).
- Reserved folder names - Live@edu has several "reserved" folder names. Any folders on the current email system that use a "reserved" folder name will need to be renamed prior to the cutover, as messages in these folders cannot be moved. (See the Preparing for Email Migration link, below).
- Majordomo mailing lists - The move to Live@edu does not impact Ithaca College Majordomo mailing lists. These lists will function the same after the cutover.
- Email during downtime - Email sent to IC email accounts during the cutover downtime will be queued and delivered when the Live@edu system is online.
- Account cleanup - All users are strongly encouraged to clean up their current email account by deleting messages in Trash and Junk folders, as well as any old messages that are no longer needed.
Preparing for Email Migration (.pdf)
Other important details about required steps for accessing email accounts on the new system will be sent to all IC community members shortly before the cutover weekend.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience as this important project moves forward.
104 Job Hall