Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Contributed by Linda Uhll on 09/04/2012
In an effort to provide the highest quality of service to students, as well as faculty, we want to make faculty aware of testing procedures that are in place within our office for the administration of exams.
· Student workers do not have access to your emailed or faxed exams. These exams are opened and printed only by professional staff, and are password protected to guarantee confidentiality.
· In order to assure that student workers do not handle exams that are delivered to our office, faculty should deliver them between the hours of 8:30 – 4:00 when front office staff are here to accept them.
· Please do not send exams through campus mail. These exams often do not arrive on time, resulting in last minute phone calls to faculty for the missing test. Also, this is not a secure method of test delivery.
· Due to staffing considerations, we have no choice but to have student workers return completed exams to the Dean’s office in each school. The exams are sealed by SDS staff and are not viewed by the students. If you receive an exam with a broken seal, please contact Kelly Charnley at 4-1257 right away.
· We realize that in the past you may have received an email requesting an exam after you had emailed it to us. This issue has been addressed in order to eliminate these instances. Should this happen, please contact Kelly Charnley at email@example.com, so she can address the issue with the sender of the email.
Faculty are welcome to administer exams to students as long as they meet the accommodation needs of the students. You are not required to send your students to SDS for exam administration. If you would like more information on providing testing accommodations, please call the Student Disability Services Office at 4-1257.
It would expedite matters greatly if you contact Kelly Charnley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Uhll at email@example.com directly if you have concerns. Test security is a priority in our office and we’re happy to answer any questions you have.