A timely reminder: Flu Clinics for Employees during Fall Break (Thursday
& Friday, 10/18 & 10/19)
Contributed by Mary Kranz
The answer to the question you see here is, of course, THE FLU. Stay healthy and help to protect others by getting your free flu shot.
Please protect not only yourself, but those you love, take care of, work with, bump into, sit next to, pass by, and breathe on. The Hammond Health Center will begin holding flu clinics for employees on the following dates:
- Thursday and Friday, October 18th and 19th: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Hammond Health Center. Please note these are the dates of Fall Break and we received many positive comments regarding how convenient employees found the timing of these clinics.
- If unable to make it today or tomorrow, here's another date that's coming up soon:
- Thursday, November 1st: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm at the Annual Employee Benefits & Work/Life Fair being held in Emerson Suites.
- Dress appropriately to receive a shot in the upper arm (i.e., wear short sleeves, sleeves that can be easily rolled up, or dress in layers). This is especially important if you are attending a clinic outside of the Health Center as we cannot guarantee the privacy needed to remove clothing.
- Bring your ID card when you come for your shot.
For some great information about the "No more excuses: You need a flu shot!!" campaign from the CDC, please check out the following: www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/freeresources/updated/no-excuses-flu-vaccine.pdf
*Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the Hammond Health Center at (607) 274-3177. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.