Campus Acceptance, Inclusion and Fairness Survey Opens October 31st
Contributed by Tanisha Graves
A campus climate survey focusing on diversity and inclusion will open for participation by all faculty, staff and students on Wednesday, October 31, 2012. The survey will remain open for 2 weeks until November 14th. All members of the Ithaca College campus community will receive an email invitation to participate in the survey that is administered through the Qualtrics System to ensure the confidentiality of all responses. The survey will be accessible through a link in the email invitation.
Once in the survey environment, individuals will be asked for demographic information; after which will follow a series of questions that focus on:
- General perceptions of fairness: to include transparency and equal treatment regardless of race, culture, nationality, ethnicity, religion, ideas, beliefs, geographic and national origin, class, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, and age. (Categories established in IC’s diversity statement).
- General perceptions of opportunity or cultivation of the individual: to learn (especially for students), to be fully deployed in one’s skills and talents, and for professional development (especially for faculty and staff).
- General perceptions of inclusiveness: the extent to which all are respected & valued; the frequency of verbal or behavioral acts of discrimination; whether such acts are outside of the accepted culture; whether such acts are responded to effectively.
- The survey will provide an opportunity to offer observations on first-hand encounters with unfairness.
- The survey will provide an opportunity to offer observations on courses of action that will improve the fairness and inclusiveness of the institution.
This is a very important opportunity for all members of the campus community to share their views regarding diversity and inclusion. If you have any questions, please contact Mark Coldren, AVP for Human Resources, at 4-3853 or at email@example.com.