Thank Goodness IC is Fabulous! As of Friday afternoon (Nov. 16), our Ithaca College United Way campaign stands at 73% of our fundraising goal, with $47,419 pledged. 192 members of our campus community - including some generous retirees! - have stepped up so far, with participation from 37 first-time donors, almost 20% of those responding so far. That's tremendous, but we have still only heard from about 11% of our campus community. C'mon!! What are you waiting for...?
United Way of Tompkins County supports over forty organizations and partner community councils that provide assistance and services to individuals and families throughout Tompkins County. As we head into a holiday week focused on food and family, take a moment to think about those in need in our community who struggle to feed their families on a daily basis, or those who wonder where their next good might be coming from.
In particular, in the target area of Hunger & Food Security, United Way of Tompkins County continues to document an increased demand for food and personal care items and is focusing its efforts on addressing the many complex hunger issues facing individuals and families in our county. Donations designated to the Hunger & Food Security targeted impact area:
· Help many local food pantries throughout Tompkins County. (Brooktondale, Danby, Dryden, Enfield, Freeville, Groton, Lansing, Newfield, McLean, Southside Community Center, Ulysses)
· Support the free meal program provided by Loaves and Fishes
· Provide funding for The Learning Web’s Youth Outreach Program Emergency Food Supply providing short-term resources to cover food & personal care items for youth in their housing scholarship program.
· Support Food Bank of the Southern Tier’s Mobile Food Pantry Expansion Program. The Program’s goal is to broaden their hunger-relief outreach by expanding the number of Mobile Food Pantry distributions
· Provide funding for the Ithaca Community Harvest (Village at Ithaca) which engages and empowers local farms and community members to overcome barriers to food security
· Assist several United Way member organizations to help with food and personal care items. (American Red Cross - Tompkins County Chapter, Catholic Charities of Tompkins & Tioga Counties, Child Development Council, Tompkins Community Action).
Please consider making a donation this year – any amount is appreciated. And if you would like to direct your donation to programs and organizations in another county, you have that option.
Happy ThanksGIVING to one and all...