The Ithaca College Travel Policy has recently been updated. Employees traveling on College business as well as individuals involved with travel approvals and processing need to be aware of the recent changes, which include the following:
1) Employees traveling on behalf of Ithaca College are required to obtain proper authorization, which needs to include all required approval signatures, via a Travel Authorization form before any financial commitments are made.
2) Employees traveling with students should not consume alcohol for the duration of the trip. Additionally, College funds may never be used to purchase alcohol for consumption by students.
3) Travelers are to submit only ONE expense report form per trip. This is to help in reducing processing costs as well as to have all of the trip’s expenses available on one report.
4) Expenses paid out of pocket with an employee’s own personal funds will not get reimbursed until after the traveler has returned and submitted the expense report for that trip. Please contact Travel Services at 274-1480 if you are not sure how to go about paying for a pre-travel expense using Ithaca College Funds.
5) Cash Advances (which are allowed for student group and international travel only) are now issued using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into the requestor’s personal bank account (previously, they were picked up at Cashiering Services, 328 Campus Center). Cash advance requests will be considered after an approved Travel Authorization Form has been submitted to the Travel Services office (1404 West Tower). In order for the cash to be available in time for the scheduled travel, Travel Authorizations need to be received in the Travel Services office (1404 West Tower) at least two weeks prior to departure.
6) Travel reimbursements due an employee in the amount of $10.00 or less will be paid out in cash. The reimbursements can be picked up at Cashiering Services (328 Campus Center). Travelers will have 30 days after receiving an email notification from Travel Services to pick up their reimbursement.
7) Travelers will be reimbursed for one standard airline baggage fee per flight.
8) Personal travel rewards and frequent flier miles remain the property of the employee and are not reimbursable by Ithaca College.
9) Room upgrades are not reimbursable, unless the upgrade is for a pre-approved business purpose which is properly documented with the submission of the expense report form.
10) As an additional reminder: Faculty and staff traveling to New York City for College related business are required to stay at the Club Quarters, World Trade Center location.
Please be sure to read the updated Travel Policy at: http://www.ithaca.edu/financial_services/travel/ prior to making travel arrangements.
If you have any questions, contact Tami Hastings (email@example.com) in Travel Services at 274-1480.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Tami Hastings at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-1480. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.