Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Important reasons not to miss the next screening:
1. 65 million Americans have hypertension (high blood pressure)
2. Many people don't even know their blood pressure is high because there are no symptoms in most cases
3. Hypertension can lead to heart disease, stroke, heart failure, and kidney disease
4. 66% of those IC employees measured at the last screening were pre-hypertensive (above ideal )
5. A 20 point increase in systolic blood pressure (top number) or a 10 point increase in diastolic blood pressure (bottom number) doubles the risk of heart disease.
6. Poor diet, inactivity, and being overweight can lead to an increase in blood pressure
7. If one does not adopt a healthy lifestyle, the hypertensive individual will need to take costly medication with potential side effects
8. Physical and emotional stress can elevate your blood pressure
The next No Pressure Blood Pressure will be held on Wednesday, December 5th.
Please see the schedule below to know when we will be in your building.
8:00-9:00: Center for Health Sciences, Smiddy Hall, Peggy Ryan Williams Center, Ceracche Center
9:00-10:00: Physical Plant, General Services, Public Safety
10:00-11:00: Gannett Center, Whalen Center
11:00-noon: Dillingham Center, Friends Hall, Job, A&E Center
Noon-1:00: Campus Center, Hammond Health Center, Fitness Center
1:00-2:00: Textor Hall, Muller Faculty Center, Bookstore, Williams Hall
2:00-3:00: Center for Natural Sciences, Park Hall, Administrative Annex
3:00-4:00: Towers, Terraces, Alumni Hall
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the Wellness Clinic at 274-1301. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.