Instructional Support Services Updates and Reminders for Spring 2013
Contributed by Marilyn Dispensa
Instructional Support Services are the resources and services offered by ITS that supports the academic mission of the college as it applies to teaching and learning. See below for some updates and reminders for Spring 2013.
- Faculty can create their Spring 2013 courses in Sakai. Rosters will automatically be updated several times per day.
- All users can customize the course tabs using My Workspace > Preferences.
- See the ITS Sakai Support Site for information and videos.
- See the Technology Learning Center Workshops for current Sakai Workshops.
- Library e-reserves are now delivered via Sakai.
- Please contact the Helpdesk or drop in the Technology Learning Center in Friends 101 for help with any Sakai questions.
Ithaca College now supports the Turning Technologies NXT student response system.
Turnitin is more than just plagiarism detection and contains features for paperless grading, peer review, and voice commenting.
- IC licenses Turnitin Plagiarism Detection Software.
- See the ITS Turnitin page for more information and to request an account.
- Turnitin can also be used within Sakai Assignments.
Center for Educational Technology
The CET in Job 102 is the 24/7 faculty computer lab
- Dragon Naturally Speaking is now available for transcription and natural language recognition.
- Bamboo tablet, Camtasia Studio, webcams, and lighting are available for making prerecorded online lectures.
Web Conferencing with Skype and Adobe Connect
- ITS is now offering more support of web and video conferencing options.
- If you have a web conferencing need please fill out this form.
- Five Logitech webcams will soon be added the ITS Helpdesk loaner equipment, available to faculty and staff.
Additional Resources for Faculty