Take Time To Review Your Paid Time Away (PTA) Balances


Contributed by Robin Davis

Staff Council, in conjunction with the Office of Human Resources, would like to remind benefit-eligible staff to review Paid Time Away (PTA) balances in Parnassus Employee Self-Service. Reviewing balances now will allow ample time to plan the use of vacation before new annual grants are applied on June 1st. To see balances, go to Parnassus:

Self Service Time> Create Timecard and click on "Show PTA Balances”

·         The most that anyone will see in their vacation balance is the maximum allowed as per our current policy (an employee’s PTA balance may not cause the balance to exceed the hours granted in a 1.5 year period). Vacation is intended to provide time off for rest and relaxation; therefore, employees may not receive pay instead of taking vacation time.

·         All vacation leave must be approved by the supervisor in advance and scheduled at the mutual convenience of the employee and the department.

·         Personal leave does not accumulate; therefore, any hours that are unused from one fiscal year to the next are forfeited.

We all work very hard in our roles here at the College – but it is equally important that we take the time that is available to us to get away from work and “recharge” our batteries to come back ready for more! We are fortunate that Ithaca College identifies the importance of PTA – our current policies are very generous when we include all of the holidays, the winter break, and the allotment of vacation, sick, and personal time. Enjoy your time!

Contact the Office of Human Resources at 4-8000 or benefits@ithaca.edu if you have further questions.

PTA policy: http://www.ithaca.edu/hr/docs/benefits/pta/pta_policy.pdf

How to enter PTA, Non-Exempt Employees: http://www.ithaca.edu/hr/docs/hrinfo/ESS/PROHRI43/

How to enter PTA, Exempt Employees: http://www.ithaca.edu/hr/docs/hrinfo/ESS/PROHRI47/

Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Robin Davis at rodavis@ithaca.edu or (607) 274-8000. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.