The Ithaca College/Longview Partnership: Faculty & Staff Speakers
Needed for Lecture Series
Contributed by Christine Pogorzala
Ithaca College has had a very successful partnership with Longview, a retirement community located on Danby Road, for the past 14 years. Part of this relationship has involved an ongoing Faculty & Staff Lecture Series at Longview.
We are looking for speakers for May, June, July & August. This is a great opportunity to share expertise on a topic with a very appreciative audience! Contact Chris Pogorzala, the IC/LV Coordinator, at 274-1051 or firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Examples of presentations from this academic year include:
- Media Constructions of Presidential Campaigns: What We’ve Learned from the Past & How We Can Make Sense of the Present (Cyndy Scheibe, Psychology)
- Ithaca College’s Climate Action Plan (Marian Brown, Office of Civic Engagement)
- Babies Driving Robots! (OT Students: Jamie Edelson, Jennifer Barratt, & Jennifer Biondi with faculty member Carole Dennis, Occupational Therapy)
- The OSIRIS-REx NASA Asteroid Sample Return Mission (Beth Ellen Clark Joseph, Physics)
- Nature’s Influence on Your Happiness & Health (Rhoda Meador, Gerontology Institute)
- What is (and Isn’t) Memory? (Christine Pogorzala, Aging Studies)
- Making a Public Television Documentary (Peter Johanns, Television & Radio)
- From Sugar to Oil: Learning World History through Commodities (Jonathan Ablard, History).