This year, REMP (Resource & Environmental Management Program), in collaboration with other student organizations on campus, will be hosting the 12 DAYS OF EARTH WEEK! Each day we will celebrate a different theme in anticipation for one of the most exciting days of the season: Earth Day!
12 Days of Earth Day Schedule:
Apr 11, THU: Fresh Market Day
-Stop by at Towers Dining Hall during lunch for a special highlight on local ingredients in the diing hall hosted by the sustainability interns
Apr 12, FRI: BYOM- Bring your own mug
-Reduce your impact with a reusable mug/water bottle, and also get “spotted” with it on campus and receive a free goodie
- .99cent discounted water bottles available in the IC Bookstore
Apr 13, SAT: Do it in the Dark Day
- turn off your lights to save energy and enjoy the extended Spring sunlight!
Apr 14, SUN: Buy NOTHING day
- Buying nothing can have a greater impact on the environment than you may have thought!
EARTH WEEK EVENTS:
Apr 15, Mon: Meatless Monday
- 12-1pm Find out about meatless options in the dining hall Sustainability Interns will be tabling in the Terrace Dining Hall
- 4 pm Sustainability Cafe- CNS 112 Shane Hardy: "From Philosophy to Farming: Dirty Hands Make the Heart Sing (And Keep You Grounded!)"
Apr 16, Tue: Locavore day
- 7-9pm CNS 115 Celebrate the Amazon: A cultural experience
- In the Pub- sustainability interns will be tabling and highlighting upon local food options in the food court
Apr 17, Wed: No Shower Day
- 11am-3pm IC fems Natural Beauty Campaign- Cayuga Lake Room
- iCommit campaign in Towers dining hall hosted by the sustainability interns
7pm – Klingenstein Lounge - Global Health Distinguished Scholar Series - Citizens for Health - Getting Involved: Taking Action for a Healthier World
“Malaria: Global Risk Requires Global Solutions”, Dr. Laura Harrington, Professor, Cornell University
Apr 18, Thu: Sustainable Business Day
- 12pm - 1pm Business Sustainability Forumin Business School Room 111- Student presentations on sustainability research projects
- Noon-1pm Rally hosted by ELAN at the Free Speech Rock (outside of campus center)
7pm – Emerson Suites - Joy Bauer, Nutrition Expert for Today! Show
Bauer will serve as this year's Jessica Savitch Distinguished Journalism Lecturer.
As the nutrition and health expert for The TODAY Show, Joy shares reliable, practical, and straightforward advice that helps millions of Americans eat better and lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. She also hosts the program’s popular “Joy Fit Club” series. This event is the kickoff for the “Media for Social Responsibility” mini-course
Apr 19, Fri: Take a Ride Day
- 10am-2pm Bike Clinic with Bomber Bikes on the Academic Quad
- 2pm Tour of the Tompkins County Recycling Center hosted by the Eco-Reps- meet at the Textor Flag Pole at 2pm to carpool
- 3-4:30pm A Conversation with Mark Hertsgaard author of “Hot: Living on Earth for the Next Fifty Years” in Emerson Suites
- 4:30pm Group Bike Ride with Bomber Bikes, meet at the Textor Flag Pole
5pm - “Media for Social Responsibility” mini-course continues
Apr 20, Sat. Earth Action Day
- 9am – 9pm – Youth Power Summit / New Economy Summit at Ithaca College in the Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise, Friends Hall
9am - 5pm - “Media for Social Responsibility” mini-course
- OSEMA’s Service Saturday Program- opportunity to volunteer in the local Ithaca community, for more information on how to sign up, email Don Austin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Apr 21, Sun. Sleep Outside Day
- 9am – 5pm - Youth Power Summit/Convergence continues in the Park Center for Business to equip participants with knowledge and skills to become more politically and environmentally engaged and aware.
- 1pm-4pm Earth Day at the Farmers Market- Interactive activities at the Farmers Market at Steamboat Landing
*Also Check out OREC in the bottom floor of the Fitness Center to rent sleeping bags, tents, stoves, and other outdoor gear to help you spend a night under the stars!
Apr 22!! Monday, April 22nd: EARTH DAY
- 10am- 3pm EARTH FEST (hosted by ICES and featuring 10 other Ithaca College clubs) in the Academic Quad- clothing swap, games, food, and fun!
- 2:30-4 Earth Week celebration at the Food Lab- cooking demo highlighting local, sustainable ingredients featuring executive chef Jeremiah Molina, nutrition specialist Julia Lapp, and sustainability coordinator Stephanie Piech. Free Samples will be provided.
- 4pm- Sustainability Cafe- CNS 112 Alan and Keeley McGarr O’Brian: "Keeley’s Cheese Co.: From New York to Ireland and Back Again for Value-added Dairy Production"
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Lauren Goldberg at email@example.com. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.