Ithaca College is required by Microsoft to upgrade from Microsoft Live@edu to Microsoft Office 365 on Thursday, June 6, 2013. There is no major downtime expected with the upgrade. Users should notice little change other than the following:
- Any individual email account may be briefly unavailable during a 24-hour window starting at 11:00 PM on Thursday, June 6.
- Email quota will be increased from 10 GB to 25 GB.
- If you use the SkyDrive file storage service, that service is being separated from Office 365 and becomes part of a personal account. After the upgrade to Office 365 you will access SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com using your normal Netpass username and password. However, since SkyDrive is now a separate personal account, the password will no longer be synched with Netpass and ITS cannot reset it for you.
- If you access your email through Outlook Web App directly (instead of myHome), the new web address for OWA is https://www.outlook.com/ithaca.edu.
- No changes will be necessary for email client settings or mobile devices.
More details are available on our Office 365 transition page.
104 Job Hall