Instructional Support Services Updates - Getting ready for the semester
Contributed by Marilyn Dispensa
This is just a reminder of some instructional technology services and updates for the Fall 2013 semester. Sakai, Turnitin, Turning Technologies (clickers) and the Center for Educational Technologies.
Sakai has been upgraded. See this intercom notice for details. Highlights include:
- New user interface
- Better rich-text editor (reduces "paste from word" issues) and includes equation editor.
- HTML 5 player for full screen video and better mobile experience.
- Lesson Builder improvements
- Forums - profile pics shows
- Publish site with single click.
- Integration with Turning Technologies and Turnitin
Introduction to Sakai for Instructors training
Turnitin ITS Turnitin support site
- Checks originality of uploaded written documents
- Available through Turnitin.com or Sakai Assignments
- NEW! Expanded options in Sakai.
- NEW! Grademark and Peermark for paperless grading and peer review now available on the iPad
Turning Technologies (Clickers) ITS Clickers support site
- Responsecard NXT is supported clicker - available at Bookstore.
- NEW! Integration with Sakai.
- $15 mail in rebate for students.
Center for Educational Techology - The Faculty Lab
- Lab is available 24/7
- Color and laser printing available.
- NEW! Double monitor set up
- NEW! Autologin for faster bootup times.
- Updates to the sound recording room including better lighting and a writing tablet.
If you have any questions about these services or getting setup for the semester, please contact Marilyn Dispensa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ITS Helpdesk (email@example.com, 274-1000)