Wednesday, October 30, 2013
12:00 - 2:00 p.m., Center for Faculty Excellence, 316 Gannett Center
Interactive session on transforming your research and project ideas into fundable grants:
- Overview of Federal/State and private funding sources.
- Grants procedures at IC, including budget development and compliance with financial accounting rules.
- Demonstrations on how to search for grant funding opportunities using tools like grants.gov, Foundation Center, PIVOT, Grant Advisor, etc.
- Faculty grant experience and stories of success:
Paula Turkon – NSF
Patrick McKeon - NIH
- Opportunity for questions and feedback– bring your project ideas/concepts.
Presenters: Wade Pickren, Director, Sponsored Research
Warren Calderone, Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Susan Weatherby, Senior Accountant, Financial Services
MaryAnn Taylor, Coordinator, Sponsored Research – For more information, contact MaryAnn Taylor at 274-1206.
(Register Here) Registration limited to the first 20 registrants.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Laurie Wasik at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-3734. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.