Student Health 101 - Top 10 Ways to Meet New People!
Contributed by Nancy Reynolds
Submitted on behalf of Julia Herman '14, CHP Intern.
Most students feel nervous when it comes to meeting and talking to new people. Here are 10 tips that may help you expand your group of friends!
- Get out! Spend time outside of your room/apartment/house.
- Offer compliments. Start a conversation by commenting on something you notice.
- Look up from your phone! Smile, make eye contact, and say hello.
- Check out local meet-ups. Head for one or organize it yourself.
- Expand your circle. At social events, talk to at least one new person. Have a mutual friend introduce you and point out similar interests.
- Take a fitness class. Ask other attendees what brought them there.
- Join a club. Help organize or attend programs. You'll meet people with interests similar to yours.
- Volunteer. Service to others is a great way to make new friends.
- Attend community events. Find off-campus readings or concerts. Ask people's opinions afterward.
- Do the things you enjoy! You'll have something in common with whomever you meet!
Check out more cool articles and enter to win $1,000 in this month's issue of Student Health 101!
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Nancy Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-3136. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.