Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Contributed by Linda Koenig on 12/09/2013
Earlier this month, you should have received a Housing Sneak Peek letter that roughly outlined the housing options students will have for next year. In follow up to that information, the Office of Residential Life would like to provide additional information that will be helpful for you as you make housing plans.
As you know, we continue to accept off-campus applications from all current students and need to release over 500 non-seniors in order to have the appropriate amount of space for returning students to select for the 2014-2015 academic year. The Office of Residential Life has not reached our off-campus approval number. While we continue to accept off-campus applications we believe that unless we take action we will have a housing shortage for our returning students. In order to maintain our housing guarantee for sophomores, juniors and seniors we need to take steps to address this anticipated shortage.
We are planning to do the following to create additional space for returning student housing selection.
1. Increase the occupancy of 60 Circle Apartments from 4 person to 5 person and/or 3 person to 4 person. This will increase a rising sophomore’s ability to secure a space in an apartment, which in the past has been very limited.
2. Offer Terrace 13 2nd floor for fall.
3. Remove about 68 spaces from Clarke Hall and convert them to housing for rising sophomores to select for next year.
4. Use the Terrace 5 and Terrace 8 staff apartments for student housing.
5. Create five more quad rooms in Emerson Hall. These rooms are created by connecting an adjacent room to a hallway lounge. This creates a two room suite with a shared bathroom that can accommodate four students.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing email@example.com.