Wage Theft Prevention Act - Notice of requirements for compliance
Contributed by Kirra Franzese
Each year in January, the College is required by law to provide all employees (staff, administration, faculty, and students), notice of pay rate and pay day information as outlined under section 195.1 of the New York state Labor Law.
The required notice provides:
- Rate or rates of pay, including overtime rate of pay (if it applies)
- How the employee is paid: by the hour, shift, day, week, commission, etc.
- Regular payday
- Official name of the employer and any other names used for business (DBA)
- Address and phone number of the employer’s main office or principal location
- Allowances taken as part of the minimum wage (tip, meal and lodging deductions)
Notices will be sent in January 2014, and explicit instructions will be included with this communication in January.