Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Reset My Password
Sign up to receive a summary of Intercom headlines via e-mail three times a week.
On March 2 and 3, 2012, Leigh Ann Vaughn, Hugh Stephenson, Nancy Rader, Judith Pena-Shaff, Barney Beins, and 26 of their students presented their research at the Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association in Pittsburgh, PA.
The students were supported by a School of Humanities and Sciences Educational Initiative Grant of $3000. The research teams and their research were:
- SENSE OF HUMOR: ARE WE ALL ABOVE AVERAGE? KENDRA DOYCHAK, CARLY HERSCHMAN, PAM FERRANTE, AND BERNARD C. BEINS
- TAKING OFFENSE: PERSONALITY AND GENDER-BASED JOKES. SAMANTHA SHERRY, JAMIE LEFEVBRE, BRAD JOHNSON, CHé ALBOWICZ, BERNARD C. BEINS
- A DEVELOPMENTAL SHIFT IN EYE-GAZE PATTERNS TO A SPEAKER’S FACE: FROM INFANTS TO TODDLERS. ELIZABETH VAN FLEET, LAURA TRAFIDLO, SAMUEL BOYLES, KELSEY PUDNEY, NANCY RADER
- GAZE PATTERNS TO A SPEAKER’S FACE IN TYPICALLY DEVELOPING AND ASD CHILDREN. ELICIA CELINE WARTMAN, TYLER SEYMOUR-HAWKINS, NANCY RICCARDI, NANCY RADER
- A LONGITUDINAL STUDY OF EYE GAZE PATTERNS IN INFANCY: A CASE STUDY. TYLER SEYMOUR-HAWKINS, KELSEY PUDNEY, NANCY RICCARDI, LAURA TRAFIDLO, ELIZABETH VAN FLEET, ELICIA WARTMAN, NANCY RADER
Clinical and Mental Health Research:
- PERSONALITY AND DEPRESSION: THE ROLE OF SOCIAL SUPPORT AS A MEDIATING FACTOR. KASI ALLISON, MONICA CONCORS, ROBERT CRAIG, JACQUELINE SHINALL, HUGH STEPHENSON
- DIMENSIONS OF TREATMENT EXPERIENCE WITH PSYCHOTHERAPY AND MEDICATION: A QUALITATIVE STUDY. CHLOE DYBA, NIKKI BEAUDETTE, RICKY GRANDERSON, KAITLYNN BARBARITZ, HUGH STEPHENSON
- MINDFULNESS AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AS PREDICTORS OF CONSCIENTIOUSNESS. ARIELLE MANGANIELLO, ANDREW BLOSS, BENJAMIN HEISLER, KATHERINE STEIN, VANESSA SMALETZ, LEIGH ANN VAUGHN
- THE EFFECT OF REGULATORY FOCUS ON THE MOTIVATIONAL IMPORTANCE OF DREAMS. VANESSA SMALETZ, KATHERINE STEIN, ANDREW BLOSS, ARIELLE MANGANIELLO, BENJAMIN HEISLER, LEIGH ANN VAUGHN
Developmental and Educational Psychology:
- ON BLACK ICE: STUDENTS' PERCEPTIONS OF SCHOOL DISCIPLINARY PRACTICES BASED ON RACE. MICHAEL A TATE, JOELLE FINGERHUTT, JUDITH PENA-SHAFF
- RACIAL DISPROPORTIONALITY IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ACCELERATED CLASSES AND PERCEPTIONS OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT. ANDREW B.G. FISCHER, HEATHER L. MORIHARA, SEREN M. OZKAN, KATHERINE E. TWITCHELL, JUDITH PENA-SHAFF
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Leigh Ann Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-7353. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.