Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Contributed by Linda Heyne on 12/10/2012
RLS 27700 Ecotourism and Natural Resource Management is open for enrollment by staff and faculty! The class meets Mondays 6:15-8:15 during Block I, culminating in a trip to Costa Rica over spring break, March 9-17, 2013.
SPRING BREAK TRIP: March 9-17, 2013
· Stay in ecotourism lodges in Alajuela, Monteverde, Quepos, and Marino Ballena
· Talk with ecolodge operators to learn model sustainable practices that protect natural resources and biodiversity, use organic methods, and support local peoples and economies
· Visit Manuel Antonio National Park to observe tropical wildlife and enjoy the ocean
· Kayak in Terraba River Mangrove Forest
· Visit family farms and sugar cane Trapiche near Quepos and talk with local farmers
· Hike in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
· Take cloud forest canopy tour in Selvatura Park
· Participate in ASANA turtle conservation project
· All activities co-led by certified Costa Rican guides trained in tropical biology
COST: ~$2,200 + airfare
Based on 10 enrollees—includes lodging, all meals in Costa Rica, guides, vans, park and activity fees, airport tax, and travel insurance; does not include airport and in-flight meals, snacks, and optional tips and donations
For more information, please contact:
Course pending final approval by the College.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Linda Heyne at email@example.com or (607) 274-3050. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.