Do your part to save energy over the holiday break.
Ithaca College is continuing its commitment to the environment by pursuing energy conservation measures whenever possible. In order for this effort to be successful, the Office of Facilities needs your continued help and cooperation.
Energy-conserving decisions and behaviors are key elements of the Ithaca College Climate Action Plan. We are asking for help from you, the campus community, in conserving energy and water. Please take responsibility for the area in which you work and make sure to do the following actions when leaving for the holiday break:
- Turn off all lights in your office or any shared area (such as conference rooms, break rooms, restrooms, and classrooms).
- Turn off your computer, monitor, and audio speakers. If these are all plugged into a power strip, switch off the power strip as well.
- Shutdown office equipment and unplug power cords from the outlets (faxes, printers, coffee makers, etc.)
- Close laboratory fume hoods and shut down non-essential lab equipment.
- Close windows and shut internal and external doors.
- Make sure water taps are off and not dripping.
- For more tips on reducing energy consumption visit: http://www.ithaca.edu/remp/reduce/reduceenergy/
Thank you for your support and have a great holiday!
For more information on campus energy consumptions visit the Utilities and Energy Management Section of the Office of Facilities