Staff members of Information Technology Services are involved in several national organizations including:
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): the world’s largest educational and scientific computing society, delivers resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources.
- EDUCAUSE: a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology
- InfoComm Internation: a leading nonprofit association serving the professional AV communication industry worldwide.
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA): a global organization serving as a source for IT Governance Professionals. It provides information, training, and support for a variety of information technology professionals including; information systems audit and security practitioners, consultants, educators, and chief information officers.
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC)2: the global, not-for-profit leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers.
- New Media Consortium (NMC): an international not-for-profit consortium of learning-focused organizations dedicated to the exploration and use of new media and new technologies.
- Project Management Institute (PMI): a not-for-profit association dedicated to the advocacy of the project management profession. It provides education, credentialing, and resources in the areas of project, program and portfolio management to its global membership.
- Special Interest Group University and College Computing Services (SIGUCCS): an association of professionals who support and manage the diverse aspects of information technology services at higher education institutions.
- Toastmasters International: is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization that helps its members improve their communication and leadership skills while fostering self-confidence and personal growth.
The Field Service technicians are Dell and Apple certified and, as a result, can do all repairs on college-owned workstations.
Members of Information Technology Services who have recently been published or presented and regional and/or national conferences include:
- Dave Weil, Director of Enterprise Application Services and Benjamin Costello, Manager of eMedia presented at the Educause national conference in November 2009 on myHome@Ithaca portal
- Lisa Efing, Coordinator of Student Employment and Lab Services, presented at the SIGUCCS national conference in October 2009 on "Managing a Large Student Workforce, A Centralized Approach"
- Sharon Beltaine, Training and Documentation Coordinator, authored a paper on "Conducting a Training and Documentation Needs Assessment" for the SIGUCCS national conference
- Beth Rugg, Manager of User Support Services, authored and presented a paper on "Getting iTunes U Up and Running" at the SIGUCCS national conference
Awards and Recognition
The video "Ithaca College on iTunes U" produced by IC's Digital Media Services department recently won Best of Show award in the long promotional video/audio category for the annual SIGUCCS Communications Awards.
- Annette Harris, Business Coordinator, is the Vice President for Membership and Public Relations for the local Toastmasters Int'l chapter at Ithaca College
- Marco Cestaro, Manager of Business Intelligence, serves on the Ithaca College Staff Council
- Mary Knapp, Program Analyst, serves in the Ithaca College Staff Council