Frequently Asked Questions
How can faculty support sustainable public printing on campus?
- Post required reading material in Sakai. Many students today feel comfortable reading materials online. Placing materials in Sakai allows the student to decide whether or not to print them.
- Distinguish between “course readings” and “readings that students will need to bring to class” on the course syllabus.
- Submit “readings that students will need to bring to class” to the Print Shop and provide copies for sale at the Bookstore.
Note: The Print Shop is more cost effective for the College and for students, compared to printing to a laser printer. The Print Shop can make prints for approximately 1¢ to 2¢ less per sheet since their printers are designed for printing in volume.
- Have students submit papers via email.
- Have Students submit papers via Sakai assignments.
- Provide feedback and comments on papers that are submitted electronically by using the Comment feature in Word.