Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly are you changing?
Almost everything from a networking standpoint. The complete list of changes is available online.
The most obvious changes that will affect you include:
- All printers will need to be re-installed using a new process. Documentation will be available.
- Mac users will have to log into the Mac with personal Netpass credentials.
- The user/ithaca account will no longer be available for Mac users. By default any data stored in the user/ithaca local profile will be copied to the guardian's new profile.
- Oracle Calendar client software will only work for the primary user on the Macs; on shared devices, users will need to use the Oracle Calendar web interface.
- Fetch will also need to be re-installed on the Macs if needed.
- On Windows workstations, the "Big Red N" will be gone and you will need to log into Novell using the little "Red N" in the bottom right tool bar.
- We are adding a Bradford persistent agent that allows access to the campus network and ensures that desktops meet certain standards before connecting to the network.