Information Security Assistant
Assist in maintaining the security framework for Ithaca College. Address key security capabilities such as vulnerability assessment, network and host based intrusion detection and prevention, security management, network mapping and more. Make recommendations based on data from various sources. Assist with security awareness and training. Involved in ad-hoc security research and projects. Participate in vulnerability management forum meetings.
- Approximately 10 hours/week (2-hour blocks of time or more)
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Rate: $7.50/hour
- Information security knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems
- Light programming skills preferred
- Highly motivated
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong team player
Preference will be given to candidates who can work summers and breaks.