Residence Hall Computer Network (ResNet)
The residence hall computing network (ResNet) is managed by Apogee. Prior to using ResNet, students must sign up for an Apogee account. This can be done prior to coming to campus or when you arrive in your residence hall. Apogee offers "Basic" and "Choice" connection options.
Apogee provides wireless connectivity in all residence halls via the My-ResNet network.
Problems with ResNet
If you are experience problems with your ResNet connection, contact the 24-hour support center at 877-478-8893. Their representatives will help you troubleshoot and can dispatch a technician if needed. The technician can only troubleshoot network connection and jack problems. Problems with personal computers should be directed to the on-campus fixIT Shop.
To Get Connected:
Once you are on campus, plug your computer into the network jack (it’s marked with a computer icon) or connect to the My-ResNet wireless network.
To create an account:
- Open a browser and go to www.myresnet.com.
- Choose, “Create my account” and fill in your information.
- Register your internet capable devices (devices can be registered at any time)
- Open a new browser window, log in, and restart your computer to get connected.
If you have already created an account:
- Open a browser.
- Log in using the MyResNet username and password you created during sign up
- Restart your computer and you’re connected.
All internet capable devices, besides your primary computer, need to be registered to your MyResNet account. Your internet package (Basic or choice) determines how many devices can be added to your account. Students can view and manage their devices on www.myresnet.com at any time.
To register a device:
- Login at www.myresnet.com and click “Connect a device”
- Simply select the type of device you wish to register and enter its MAC address
- Restart the device to connect it to the internet
Apogee provides instructions on how to locate the device MAC address for many common devices. Contact Apogee’s 24-hour support center at (877) 478-8893 for more information.
Personal Hubs, Routers and Wireless Access Points
Personal hubs, routers, and wireless access points are not allowed in the residence halls as their use can disrupt network connectivity for others. See more information on Apogee's router policy: www.myresnet.com/router-policy and end user agreement: www.myresnet.com.
If you have a single Ethernet port in your room, or would simply like to expand to connect more devices to the wired network, we recommend using an 'Ethernet switch' which works for Ethernet ports like a power strip works for electricity.