Residence Hall Computer Network (ResNet)
The residence hall computing network (ResNet) is managed by Apogee Telecom. Prior to using ResNet, students must sign up for an Apogee account. This can be done prior to coming to campus or when you arrive in your residence hall. Apogee offers "Standard" and "Choice" connection options.
Apogee provides wireless connectivity in all residence halls via the My-ResNet network.
Problems with ResNet
If you are experience problems with your ResNet connection, call the Apogee Call Center. Their representatives will help you troubleshoot and can dispatch a technician if needed. The technician can only troubleshoot network connection and jack problems. Problems with personal computers should be directed to the on-campus Student Computer Repair Center.
To Get Connected:
- Once you are on campus, plug your computer into the network jack (it’s marked with a computer icon) or connect to the My-ResNet wireless network.
- Launch any web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc).
- Wait for the log in page to appear. If you're not redirected, go to www.myresnet.com.
- Enter your Apogee user name and password, previously sent to you via e-mail.
- If you have not registered in advance, click on the sign-up link on the web page (fast and easy).
Personal Hubs, Routers and Wireless Access Points
Personal hubs, routers, and wireless access points are not allowed in the residence halls as their use can disrupt network connectivity for others. See more information on Apogee's router policy: www.myresnet.com/router-policy and end user agreement: www.myresnet.com.
Gaming devices (like Playstation or Xbox) can be used on the wired network. Apogee does not support gaming systems on the wireless network. If yhave a single Ethernet port in your room, or would simply like to expand to connect multiple gaming systems to the wired network, we recommend using an 'Ethernet switch' which work for Ethernet ports like a power strip works for electricity. If you are using a Nintendo Wii, it may require a USB LAN adapter (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/getOnline/wired.jsp)
Contact Apogee’s Call Center (877) 478-8893 for more information.