Center for Educational Technology
To provide a facility for the faculty to use for learning, creating, sharing and collaborating, with an emphasis on instructional technology.
The Center for Educational Technology (CET) located in Job 102 is a specialized faculty lab. This lab provides a space for initiatives related to integrating computer-based learning technologies into the classroom. This lab contains G5 Mac computers, a sample eClassroom instructor's station, scanners, color and black and white printers and equipment to assist with the conversion from VHS to digital formats.
Main features of the facility
- Computer lab for faculty to work independently or collaboratively. [Coming soon for a list of hardware and software]
- CET Audio Recording Room for creating podcasts, narrations, screen-casts and web conferencing.
- Presentation and meeting space with 52" LCD projection screen
- Faculty Development Library
See a list of the 81 Books in the CET that are part of the Faculty Development collection. For a full list see our list in Worldcat.org.These are available to borrow.
Programming and activities
- Demonstrations and discussions for showing and sharing effective ways to integrating technologies into courses.
- All Faculty can get access to the CET 24/7.
- The CET Audio Recording Room can be reserved.
- The main lab can be reserved for discussions, small workshops for faculty development activities.
If you need assistance with course development using technology, consult with Marilyn Dispensa, Instructional Technology Coordinator.
Matt Gorney, Digital Media Services Coordinator is also available to help with content creation and digital media support.