Fetch is a reliable, full-featured file transfer client for the Apple Macintosh whose user interface emphasizes simplicity and ease of use. Fetch supports FTP and SFTP, popular file transfer protocols on the Internet.
Fetch can be used for transferring files to the Ithaca College web server (icweb.ithaca.edu), but SFTP must be enabled to connect.
Fetch is the supported FTP/SFTP program for use with Macintosh computers on campus and is installed on faculty and staff computers.
Basic configuration information:
- Launch Fetch
- Hostname: icweb.ithaca.edu
- Username: Your assigned username for the ICWeb server (will usually be the same as Netpass, but if your Netpass username is longer than 8 characters, ICWeb only uses the first 8 characters)
- Connect using: SFTP
- Be sure to check the box for Enable encryption
- Enter your ICWeb password
- Click Connect
- Your ICWeb files will be listed