Outlook Calendar for Mobile Devices
Syncing your mobile device calendar app is very easy with Microsoft Live@edu Outlook calendar. See the quick guide for step-by-step instructions. Third party syncing using Synthesis or NotifyLink is not necessary.
- Manage meeting requests on a computer when available – It is possible to manage meeting requests on a mobile device, however, we suggest managing such requests from a computer. Responding to meeting requests on a mobile device can have undesired results.
- Do not process or edit meeting requests on your smartphone or mobile device unless they were created there.
- Do not delete any duplicate meeting requests that appear on your mobile device; just respond the same way again. Deleting a request on one device after accepting it on another can cause the meeting to disappear from your calendar entirely.
- Do not invite others to meetings from your mobile device; do not change your reply on an already-processed meeting (e.g., Accept or Decline a meeting you have already Declined or Accepted); do not modify any recurring meetings. Save those tasks for your computer!
- Ensure your smartphone or mobile device has the latest operating system version and all patches before connecting to Microsoft Live@edu Exchange calendar. Your device may receive updates automatically, “over the air,” but for many types of phones and devices, you have to manually connect your device to a computer with USB cable in order to download the latest update(s) and install them. Check with your wireless carrier, device manufacturer, and/or conduct an Internet search to see whether your device make and model are currently up-to-date.
- When you get a brand new mobile device, be sure to check for and install updates before attempting to connect your new device to your Exchange account. Connecting from a device with an outdated operating system introduces bugs to the server and creates performance problems with Microsoft Live@edu Exchange for everyone.