Clickers for Fall 2012 are Turning Technologies NXT
Since eInstruction announced the discontinuation of the Interwrite PRS clickers, ITS and a group of faculty volunteers evaluated various options and concluded that the Turning Technologies NXT system was the best option and offer improvements over the eInstruction PRS system.
- Software runs from external volume (USB stick or network drive). New receiver comes with software and 4 GB storage. No classroom installation is necessary.
- Join process eliminated. Clickers no longer have to undergo a separate "Join" process as long as clicker and receiver are operating on the same channel.
- Instructor remote provided. Instructor can advance powerpoint slides and control questions and results display with a remote device.
- Mobile/web option available. Students can respond via smartphone or laptop with Responsware.
- Integration with Sakai. Rosters can be exported from Sakai and responses can be exported to a file compatible with the Sakai Gradebook.