Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a rule to help manage meeting requests?
Creating Inbox Rules for Meeting-Related Messages
- Login to Outlook Web Access by clicking on the yellow Outlook icon in MyHome.
- Create an inbox rule by clicking “Options” in the upper right-hand corner and selecting “Create an Inbox Rule.”
- Click “New” to open the new inbox rule popup window.
- Click “More Options” to expand the window and add additional options.
- Click the drop-down menu for “When the message arrives, and:” and select “It’s” and then “of the type.”
- For Message Type, select “Meeting Request.” Click “OK.”
- Click the drop-down menu for “Do the following:” and select “Move, copy, or delete” and then “move the message to folder.”
- Select the Inbox and click “New Folder” to create a folder that will contain the messages you wish to move with your rule. For example, if you want to move message requests to a folder, you may want to create a folder named “Meeting Requests.” Name the folder and click “OK.”
- You can add an exception to the rule by clicking “Add Exception” and setting the criteria to be excluded from your rule.
- If you want to stop applying additional rules to items that meet this rule’s criteria, select “Stop processing more rules.”
- You can name the rule for your reference.
- Click “Save.”
- Your rule should now appear in the Inbox Rules list. The order of the rules in this list will determine the order in which Outlook applies rules to incoming messages.