How to Apply
Who Is Eligible?
The MLK Scholar Program is open to academically talented U.S. citizens and permanent residents from ethnic and racial backgrounds that have been historically underrepresented in U.S. higher education.
Follow these four steps to apply to become an MLK scholar:
- Complete the Common Application online no later than January 2. Auditions and interviews, which are required for certain majors, should also be completed by that date. Transfer students are not eligible for this program.
- Complete the MLK Scholar Program application, which is now available in myIthaca. Click on the Scholarships tab to apply. The application and two required essays must be completed by January 15.
- Send a link to the recommendation form to someone who can tell us about your leadership, academic, and service experiences, and ask him or her to submit it online by January 15.
- Watch your mail. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be invited to interview with us and participate in special on-campus programming in late March.
For more information contact
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000
(607) 274-3124 or (800) 429-4274