Summer Transition Program for International Students
The School of Music is pleased to offer the Summer Transition Program for international music students. The program will be an important resource in assisting international students as they adjust to studying music in the United States.
- Conversational English instruction in the morning
- Academic English instruction, including special music topics, in the afternoon
- Daily activities and immersion events within the community. Possible activities include practicing using public transportation; visits to the grocery store, shopping areas, and natural parks; and ordering and eating at restaurants.
- Opportunities to meet other international students
- Information regarding program requirements, academic expectations, support and other resources available, and an overall guidance on how to be successful students
Arrival: Thursday, August 1, 2013
Orientation: Friday, August 2, 2013
Classes and Activities: Monday, August 4, 2013 to Saturday, August 15
Tuition, Housing, and Meals
Undergraduate Housing and Meals: Housing and meals are provided and required for undergraduate students only. The cost of housing for 17 nights and 35 meals for undergraduate students is $975.
Graduate Housing and Meals: All participants eat lunch together during the week. All graduate students must purchase 12 lunches for $90. Additional meals are available: 10 meals for $75. Graduate students have the option of living off campus, but some participants may select to live on campus during this program and purchase the full meal package. The cost for 17 nights and 35 meals for graduate students is $975.
Payment Options: the preferred payment option is by credit card. If you are unable to pay by credit card, please contact Conference and Events Services for additional payment options.
More information about traveling to Ithaca can be found on the Office of International Programs website.
If you have questions about:
International Programs, Travel, and Curriculum: please contact Diana Dimitrova
Registration: please contact Toni Johnson
School of Music: please contact Christy Agnese