Scheduling Your Recital
- We schedule recitals one semester in advance.
- All senior recitals take place in Ford Hall, except guitar which take place in the Hockett Family Recital Hall, and composition which may be in either Ford or Hockett.
- All junior recitals take place in the Hockett Family Recital Hall.
- All graduate recitals may take place in the Hockett Family Recital Hall or Ford Hall.
- All graduate lecture recitals take place in the Nabenhauer Recital Room or Iger Lecture Hall.
- To schedule a degree-required recital or an elective recital in Nabenhauer*, a student first participates in the lottery which randomly determines the order in which the recitals are scheduled.
- Visit the Recital Sign-up page to learn how to enter this lottery.
- Once your recital is scheduled, it cannot be rescheduled in the same semester except in cases of illness or similar emergency.
Soon after the lottery ends, those interested in a degree-required recital will receive an email with:
- The time of your appointment at which we will actually schedule the recital. This will be on Saturday, October 3 in the morning and/or very early afternoon for degree-required recitals and October 24 for electives.
- The list of date and time options for your recital, along with further instructions.
Nabenhauer elective recitalists will receive that same information in early October.
- More information here for your planning purposes
* A NOTE REGARDING ELECTIVE RECITALS
Elective recitals may take place during the fall semester or prior to Spring Break in the spring semester. The lottery covers those which take place in Nabenhauer, which are “presented by” Ithaca College and thus receive similar staffing and support to degree-required recitals. You may also hold an elective recital in another space in the Whalen Center by booking the room with Erik Kibelsbeck. They may also be held in the chapel, for which you would contact Campus Center and Event Services, or elsewhere. These are not “presented by” Ithaca College and as such will not receive staffing, listing, recording, programs, etc.
If planning a joint recital, remember that Nabenhauer can only hold a max of 110 people.
Questions? Please ask Erik Kibelsbeck email@example.com or 274-3717.