Scheduling Your Recital
- We schedule recitals one semester in advance.
- All senior recitals take place in Ford Hall, except guitar which take place in the Hockett Family Recital Hall, and composition which may be in either Ford or Hockett.
- All junior recitals take place in the Hockett Family Recital Hall.
- All graduate recitals may take place in the Hockett Family Recital Hall or Ford Hall.
- All graduate lecture recitals take place in the Nabenhauer Recital Room or Iger Lecture Hall.
- To schedule a degree-required recital or an elective recital in Nabenhauer*, a student first participates in the lottery which randomly determines the order in which the recitals are scheduled.
- Visit the Recital Sign-up page to learn how to enter this lottery.
Soon after the lottery ends, those interested in a degree-required recital will receive an email with:
- The time of your appointment at which we will actually schedule the recital. This will be on Saturday, October 12 in the morning and/or very early afternoon for degree-required recitals and after fall break for electives.
- The list of date and time options for your recital, along with further instructions.
Nabenhauer elective recitalists will receive that same information, but later in the semester.
* A NOTE REGARDING ELECTIVE RECITALS
The lottery covers those which take place in Nabenhauer, which are “presented by” Ithaca College and thus receive similar staffing and support to degree-required recitals. You may also hold an elective recital in another space in the Whalen Center by booking the room with Erik Kibelsbeck. They may also be held in the chapel, for which you would contact Campus Center and Event Services, or elsewhere. These are not “presented by” Ithaca College and as such will not receive staffing, listing, programs, etc.
When booking your recital, you can also put in a request for a reception space, if desired. The spaces available for receptions are: The Friends Green Room (adjacent to Hockett), the third floor lobby (by the main music office), or the Husa Gallery by the third floor circle. Please note: The Friends Green Room (Hockett) is not available as your reception space if there is a recital starting two hours after yours. You will be advised of your reception space within a week after the recital booking process is completed.
Questions? Please ask Erik Kibelsbeck email@example.com or 274-3717.