Whalen Room Sign-Out Procedure
Signing out rooms in the Whalen Center
- You are encouraged to check room availability and request room reservations online.
- You however are not required to do so; Erik Kibelsbeck can continue to provide the personalized service offered in the past.
- This page is designed to make you aware of parameters, essential information, and how to actually use the system, called 25Live.
- This system still requires all requests to be confirmed (or adjusted/denied) by the facility manager.
- You do not have a room reserved until you have an emailed confirmation.
- Requests are only seen by the facility manager Mondays through Fridays 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Thus, requests made (for example) on a Saturday for the next day cannot be seen in time to be confirmed.
- It is also strongly recommended that requests on weekdays are in 24 hours ahead; requests put in at 10 a.m. for 1 p.m. the same day are not guaranteed to be seen in time.
- If you fully put in a request and do not get a response within a reasonable amount of time and you suspect that the request has not been received, contact Erik Kibelsbeck.
- Recitals and concerts will be scheduled by the concert/facility manager as in the past.
- Dress rehearsals for recitals: you can check the availability of the hall and request the appropriate number of hours for your dress rehearsal.
- You should complete this step by three weeks prior to your desired date(s).
- Please do not request the space until you are certain it’s a time that will work for all involved.
- Necessary changes are possible.
- General room bookings (sectionals, chamber music, rehearsals, meetings, etc.!)
- We will all need to be considerate in requesting rooms that are in demand.
- Just for example, a string quartet should request a second floor classroom for a rehearsal rather than 3302, even though 3302 is bigger, since a group that needs a grand piano could need 3302.
- Sound bleed can also be an issue that must be considered.
- Please be understanding if you’re asked to switch your booking to a different room.
- Booking changes: If you have a booking in place, especially a weekly one, that you no longer need, please either use the system yourself to cancel it or advise Erik Kibelsbeck.
- Weekend bookings:
- Please have all weekend booking requests in by noon Fridays.
- From 7 p.m. Friday to midnight Sunday, the AMP on duty has the official schedule.
Reminder: rooms should be left neat when you leave; sometimes this means better than you found it. Always assume that the next thing in there is a class.
- Times between “hours”:
- Note that bookings follow the class schedule, even if listed as a full hour
- On MWF: a “10 a.m.” booking is really 10 a.m. - 10:50 a.m..
- On TR the morning room bookings run from X:50 through (X+1):40 and afternoon bookings run from X:05-X:55.
HINTS AND INFORMATION
- If you don’t see a room listed, it’s likely because it normally can’t be reserved. Contact Erik Kibelsbeck with any questions.
- 1207 cannot be signed out ordinarily except by music education organizations.
- 3311, the conference room, cannot be signed out for rehearsals.
- Ford/Hockett/Nabenhauer are primarily signed out for dress rehearsals, other uses are at the facility manager's discretion.
Please address any questions not covered above to Erik Kibelsbeck.