PERFORMANCE POWER: An 8 Hour Performance Power Marathon Seminar for all Instrumentalists
Burton Kaplan Presents: THE MUSICAL PATH TO TECHNIQUE: Design of the Heart
Integrating Music and Technique in Practicing and Performing
Ithaca College School of Music, Ithaca, NY 14850
Friday, September 9, 4:30-7:30 pm & Saturday, September 10, 1-6 pm
Do you have any of these experiences when you practice your instrument?
• I cannot sustain my concentration. My mind slips. It wanders.
• I often feel that I have to start over again each day.
• It sounded so good a moment ago; why can’t I make it sound like that again?
• I played it perfectly just before I went into my lesson; went into the audition; went on stage...but my performance let me down.
There are NEW solutions for each of these problems. In the workshop you’ll observe the actual process of practicing as musicians try out new strategies to attach their musical imagination to their technique. You’ll be privy to a new way of conceiving and processing musical notation which enables technique to evolve into a structurally sensible and emotionally compelling sound. AND, you’ll be shown specific ways to increase the control of your fingers, breath and articulation to coordinate at faster tempos, play more in tune and communicate more effectively. In addition, I’ll introduce you to your Third Hand – the source of your power to coordinate your muscles and your emotions to create music that compels the attention of the audience.
Burton Kaplan is a Faculty Member at the Manhattan School of Music is New York City. He is also the Director of Magic Mountain Music Farm and the Author of "Practicing for Artistic Success – The Musician’s Guide to Self-Empowerment"
To Audit: $60 for 2 days / $45 for one day maximum number of auditors: 40
To Participate: $125 maximum number of participants: 8
For More Info: contact Susan Waterbury at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-3679
To learn more and register – go to www.performancepower.org and click on “Upcoming Events”
* Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the School of Music at (607) 274-3171. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.*
Originally published in Intercom: PERFORMANCE POWER: An 8 Hour Performance Power Marathon Seminar for all Instrumentalists.