Host Event and Excursions
The Extras Store is now closed. You can still attend the Host Event performance, but not the dinner or the Finger Lakes Excursion.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Ithaca College Host Event: One Night in Ithaca, Dinner and a Show
Dinner 5:30pm – 7:00 pm, Campus Center Dining Hall
Concert 7:00 p.m. Emerson Suites
Ticket sales for dinner closed on Friday, March 11, 2011 at 5:00 Eastern Time. The performance is still open.
Don’t miss your chance to experience the finest food and entertainment Ithaca has to offer! Your evening will start with a sampling of New York State’s signature cuisine. Your dinner will include New York State favorites including Speedies from Binghamton, Beef on Weck from Buffalo, and Purity Ice Cream from Ithaca. All items will be local and vegetarian options will be provided. Following dinner, join the world-renowned Ithaca College School of Music and Department of Theatre Arts for an exceptional and engaging music performance and theatre in the round.
Saturday, April 2, 2011
We have one Saturday excursions still open. The Finger Lakes Tour has sold out.
1. A Night (and Afternoon) on the Town in Downtown Ithaca. Price $25
This excursion will immerse you in the sights and sounds of downtown Ithaca, with an emphasis on shopping, dining and fun! Discount coupon books for downtown shops and restaurants will be given to all NCUR excursion participants. The following special events are included:
- Chocolate Reception sponsored by the Downtown Ithaca Alliance. Located in historic Center Ithaca, this reception will kick off your excursion and get you energized and excited for the afternoon’s activities.
- Private film showing and discussion at the Cinemapolis Theater. Sponsored by the Fingerlakes Environmental Film Festival (FLEFF), this will be an opportunity to view a current independent film and take part in a discussion led by distinguished Ithaca College faculty.
- Haunted History Tour sponsored by the History Center of Tompkins County. The History Center will be taking participants on a one hour walking tour of the haunted sights in Ithaca.
2. Interactive Tour of the Finger Lakes. Sold out.
Participants on this active excursion will experience the beauty and diversity of the Finger Lakes Region of New York. A motor coach will transport participants the length of Cayuga Lake with a number of stops including hiking the gorge trail at Taughannock Falls State Park to see the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi River. The final stop with be Ithaca’s famous EcoVillage for a vegan dinner. While on the road, your Ithaca College tour guides will highlight some of the area's history. Your fee includes transportation and dinner. Box lunches will be available on campus for participants to take with them on the excursion.
Participants on this excursion should dress appropriately! Please bring boots and/or hiking shoes as well as clothing appropriate for the outdoors.