Ithaca College to Welcome Alumni Back to Campus for Fall Splash, Oct. 1-3
ITHACA, NY — Ithaca College is gearing up to welcome alumni back to campus for Fall Splash, this year’s Alumni and Homecoming Weekend, to be held Oct. 1–3. The weekend combines class reunions and school gatherings with Homecoming activities to give graduates an opportunity to visit campus when it’s buzzing with activity. A special milestone will also be observed this year, as 2010 marks the 50th anniversary of Ithaca College’s move from downtown Ithaca to the South Hill campus.
Registration for Fall Splash is required; the deadline to register has been extended to Wednesday, Sept. 29. Alumni may register online between now and Sept. 29 at /splash/. Walk-in registrations will also be processed during the weekend of the event.
“We can’t wait to see our alumni back on campus, and we’re expecting a wide range of guests, from the classes of 1959 and earlier all the way through our more recent grads,” said Gretchen Van Valen, director of alumni relations. “There’s a lot of excitement on campus among our staff, faculty and current students as we all look forward to participating in this event.”
The itinerary of activities includes:
- Athletic Hall of Fame reception and induction ceremony.
- Reunion activities for the classes of 1960, 1985, 1990, 2000 and 2005.
- Digital Time Capsule, capturing video of alumni memories of 50 years on South Hill.
- “Duckpalooza” for the chance to win a prize, followed by a picnic on the quad and the Homecoming football game.
- Alumni Awards Ceremony honoring Tasabbur “Tas” Hasan ’01, David Lissy ’87, Tony Meola ’76, Richard Morris ’81 and Susan Scanlon ’71.
- Taste of Ithaca Dinner, featuring local food and drink.
Registration for the entire weekend package is $100 per person; tickets for Saturday’s picnic and Homecoming game only are $30 per person. The full Fall Splash schedule is at /splash/.