Ithaca College to Welcome Alumni Back to Campus for Fall Splash, Oct. 14-16
Ithaca College is gearing up to welcome alumni back to campus for Fall Splash, this year’s alumni weekend, to be held Oct. 14–16. The weekend combines class reunions and school gatherings to give alumni a chance to visit campus when it’s buzzing with activity. Among the special events will be the formal dedication of the college’s new Athletics and Events Center.
Registration for Fall Splash is required. Alumni may register online at www.ithaca.edu/fallsplash up until Sept. 30; walk-in registrations will also be processed during the weekend of the event.
“We can’t wait to see our alumni back on campus and we’re expecting a wide range of guests, from the classes of 1960 and earlier all the way through our more recent grads,” said Gretchen Van Valen, M.M. ’90, director of alumni relations. “There’s a lot of excitement on campus — among our staff, faculty, and current students — as we look forward to this huge event.”
The weekend schedule includes:
- Alumni Awards and Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremonies
- Reunion gatherings for celebrated class years ending in ‘1’ and ‘6’
- Panel discussions featuring faculty and alumni on such topics as “Using Social Media to Your Professional and Personal Advantage” as well as the annual Careers in Sport Symposium
- “Duckpalooza,” carnival games and Picnic on the Quad
- Women’s and men’s varsity athletic contests
- School of Music and Ithaca College Theatre performances
- 5K “Habidash” fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity
- 10th Anniversary Celebration of the LGBT Center
President Tom Rochon and master of ceremonies Eric Jordan Young ’93 will host a gala celebration to officially welcome the Athletics and Events Center to Ithaca College’s campus. The program will include formal dedications of individual spaces at the center, a reception and dinner, and a performance by the band Orleans (fronted by Larry Hoppen ’71).
Registration for the entire weekend is $150 per person. The full package includes all meals and activities, except for the Athletic Hall of Fame reception, Habidash 5K and theatre production. Tickets for Saturday’s picnic only are $30 per person, and tickets for the A&E Center dedication and dinner only are $60 per person.
Information on how to register and a full schedule of the weekend’s events are posted on the Fall Splash website, www.ithaca.edu/fallsplash, and on the mobile site at www.ithaca.edu/fallsplash/mobile/.