Interested in Working for a Cruise Line? Come to Ithaca College April 7 to 10
ITHACA, NY — Representatives from Royal Caribbean International will visit Ithaca College April 7 to 10 as part of the Global Casting Summit, seeking to fill more than 1,600 shipboard positions aboard their cruise ships. The six- to eight-month positions include:
- 100 cruise staff positions
- 100 sports staff positions
- 250 youth staff positions
- 500 musicians
- 300 entertainment technicians
- 400 singers and dancers
Interested applicants may register in the Campus Center lobby on Thursday, April 7, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Friday, April 8, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired position. A representative will contact you to set up an audition or interview on campus.
Friday, April 8,, Six Mile Creek Room and Ithaca Falls Room, Campus Center
Workshops: Learn more about Royal Caribbean International, what it’s like to work on a cruise ship, and available positions.
- 9 a.m. Musicians
- 10:30 a.m. Cruise, Sports and Youth Staff
- 1:30 p.m. Entertainment Technicians
- 3 p.m. Dancers and Singers
Entertainment: Come and enjoy cruise-style entertainment in IC Square
- 11:30 a.m. to 1p.m. Royal Caribbean Jazz Band Performance
- 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. “An Evening Cruise with Royal Caribbean International” including prize giveaways, comedian Eric Lydon, and jam sessions with Ithaca College jazz students!
** All events are free and open to the public.
Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10
Prescheduled auditions, casting, and interviews will be held on campus.
- Musicians: Whalen Center, Music Education Suite
- Dancers and Singers: Wellness Clinic, Center for Health Sciences
- Entertainment Technicians and Activities Staff: Career Services Suite, 101 Muller
For more information, e-mail Molly O’Shea in the School of Music at email@example.com.
Royal Caribbean International is the largest global cruise brand and operates 20 ships with two more under construction. The cruise line offers cruise vacations year-round in the Caribbean, Mediterranean and the Mexican Riviera, and seasonal cruises to Northern Europe, Alaska, South America, the Far East, Australia and Hawaii. Through its cruise tour division, the line also offers land-tour vacations in Alaska, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, South America and New Zealand.