How to Register
Please follow the steps below to insure prompt registration.
1) Download the Extramural Registration Form.
2) Collect any required signatures. If registering for a graduate course, be sure that the form has the required signature (or attached email approval) of the graduate program chair. If auditing a class, be sure that the form has the required signature (or attached email approval) of the course instructor. Signatures (or email approvals) are also required for all prerequisite waivers and capacity overrides.
3) Registration is delayed until the first week of classes for the fall and spring semesters; for summer and winter sessions, registration is processed as soon as the required form and payment are submitted.
4) Deliver your registration form to the Office of Extended Studies.
- In person: Office of Extended Studies, G72 Peggy R. Williams Center (garden level).
- By mail: See Contact Us for mailing address.
- By fax: at 607-274-1263. Registrations received via fax will not be processed until payment is received.
5) All enrolled students will receive at the home address reported on their Registration Form a User ID and PIN number to access HomerConnect, to activate their email, and to access Sakai (Ithaca College's online course system). For extramural students enrolling in online classes who need immediate Homer access, please complete and submit the HomerConnect Access Request Form to expedite this process.
6) Include payment with your registration form. Registrations will not be processed until payment is received in full. Tuition payments are accepted via check or money order made payable to Ithaca College.
7) If you plan to register for six or more credits:
- Make an appointment to meet in person or by phone with Jennifer Wofford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-274-3529 to review your course load (if registering for more than two courses);
- Complete and submit an immunization form, which is available from the Ithaca College's Health Center. (See downloadable form "Immunization Form for Providers".)
8) An ID card authorization form will be provided to you upon registration. Please contact 607-274-3143 if you did not obtain an ID card authorization form at the time of your registration. Photo ID cards are created in the ID office, located on the 3rd floor of the campus center (337 Egbert Hall). The card allows you to obtain an Ithaca College e-mail account, check books out of the library, use computer equipment, and be admitted to athletic events and recreational facilities. There is no charge for an Ithaca College ID card.